Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hierarchy of Jeans


Recently I purchased 2 new pairs of jeans.  It is funny because you always have your going out pairs and your day time pairs.  I could never wear my daytime jeans to go out, but I COULD wear my going out pair in the day, depending on how chic I'm feeling that day.  It is crazy how mental the whole thing is; my current 2 daytime pairs of jeans were my go-to nighttime pair just days before I bought my new jeans.  Now I could never wear those jeans at night.  They've been demoted instantaneously.  The truth is, my 2 new pairs are soo much nicer, but does this always happen?  Do the jeans just keep getting better and better?  I could never picture my current nighttime pair turning into daytime jeans, but it almost seems inevitable.  The question ultimately is: are the new jeans really that much nicer or do I just feel that much nicer?  If this nicer and nicer trend keeps up, I can't even begin to imagine what daytime jeans I'll be sporting in a few years.  


No comments:

Post a Comment